International Women's Day Luncheon 2018
We are pleased to announce that tickets for the International Women's Day Luncheon on Thursday 8th March are now sold out!
We look forward to welcoming many members and non-members to our special event. Three speakers will be in attendance and we look forward to hearing from the following inspiring women:
• Professor Leanne Hodson left school before completing her final year. A few years later, while doing an evening class in sports physiology and nutrition, she found she wanted to understand more about nutrition and human health. Now she is a professor at Oxford University and a leading expert on human metabolism, and will speak about women in science and her own field.
• Major Lucy Lewis – who, while serving with the Royal Engineers, was the first woman to operate as a bomb disposal officer – is called ‘It’s a Woman’s Life in the Army’. This light-hearted look at her 10 years in the army follows a career that includes time as a mountain expedition leader and an inspector of military prisons.
• Our third speaker is Sandra Simmonds who will be talking about ‘life under the veil’.
< Back to Message Board and News
Similar NewsToolbox: How to write campaign letters
- Some handy tips on how to write to MPs and other organisations, and a loose outline for you to followHer Royal Highness The Princess Royal joins Townswomen’s Guild Carol Service
- Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal joins Townswomen’s Guild Carol ServiceBlack Country Museum to Showcase Emma Sproson!
- Knitting & Stitching Show group tickets now available
- Group tickets and individual discount**Film Competition**
Share this page: